STAQ Professional Development
STAQ hosts multiple PD events each year. STAQ members can register for these events at a discounted price but all events are open to all educators.
To register for events, click on the event title and if the registration is live a registration page will open otherwise the events listed below are date claimers
- Pre service, New, Returning and out of field Teaching Maths and Science Night 15 March, UQ St Lucia
- Science is Primary PD Day: Mathematics and Science for Right Now Sunday 10 March Coorparoo SS Program
- Embedding Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples’ Perspectives in Science Professional Learning Day 9th August Moreton Bay EEC
- Annual General Meeting 25th Nov 2024 TBC
- Senior Science PD Day 25th November 2024 TBC
This year the Senior Science subjects and May MEGA day will be all held on one day and hosted by the University of Queensland and STAQ. These PD days are intended for senior secondary science teachers as well as Science Laboratory Technicians. This year the focus will be on uplifting junior/middle teachers in content and skills relevant to Year 9/10 to best prepare their students for senior science, and also a focus on implications and opportunities from the rollout of AC9.
STAQ are always investigating further opportunities for providing professional development to members, particularly those members in regional and remote locations. If you have an idea for a professional development workshop, seminar, or class that you would like to share with STAQ or present through a STAQ conference or professional development event, please let us know.