STAQ hosts multiple conferences each year. STAQ members can register for these conferences at a discounted price
- PST, New, Returning and out of field Teaching Maths and Science Night 12 March 2021 – The University of Queensland
- Webinar Series – Senior Chemistry AI3 and Alternative Sequences 29 April 2021 7-8pm
- Growing Science – a FREE series of webinars throughout early August
- MEGA PD 15 May, presented by Dr Gurion Ang, UQ School of Biological Sciences.
- ACARA review curriculum webinars
- Prep, Primary and preservice teachers STEM/STEAM workshop
- President’s Dinner celebrating 75 years of STAQ
- Annual General Meeting 2021
This year’s AGM will be taking place after one of the Senior Science Days in late Nov.
- Senior Science PD Days November 2021
The Senior Science subjects are split across specific days hosted by the University of Queensland and STAQ. These PD days are intended for senior secondary science teachers as well as Science Operations Officers (SOOs).
STAQ are always investigating further opportunities for providing professional development to members, particularly those members in regional and remote locations. If you have an idea for a professional development workshop, seminar, or class that you would like to share with STAQ or present through a STAQ conference or professional development event, please let us know.