STAQ Professional Development
STAQ hosts multiple PD events each year. STAQ members can register for these events at a discounted price but all events are open to all educators.
To register for events, click on the event title and if the registration is live a registration page will open otherwise the events listed below are date claimers
- PST, New, Returning and out of field Teaching Maths and Science Night17 March, UQ St Lucia
- Science is Primary PD Day: Get Connected, Stay Connected Friday 5 May Tingalpa SS and Moreton Bay EEC
- MEGA PD 6 May, presented by UQ School of Sciences
- Mackay 1 Day PD 19 July – Register here Draft Program here
- Primary Teachers’ Workshop – Paper craft Automata 10 August Register here
- Embedding Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples’ Perspectives in Mathematics and Science Professional Learning Day 1 September Nudgee Beach EEC Register here
- STEM Dinner or trivia night September 2023 TBC
- Annual General Meeting 27 Nov 2023
- Senior Science PD Day 27 November 2023 – register here for F2F and here for online. Draft program
The Senior Science subjects will be all held on one day and hosted by the University of Queensland and STAQ. These PD days are intended for senior secondary science teachers as well as Science Laboratory Technicians.
STAQ are always investigating further opportunities for providing professional development to members, particularly those members in regional and remote locations. If you have an idea for a professional development workshop, seminar, or class that you would like to share with STAQ or present through a STAQ conference or professional development event, please let us know.