Benefits of Membership
STAQ advocates for the recognition of quality science teaching in primary and secondary schools in Queensland. STAQ represents primary and secondary teachers of science to key state leaders, policy-makers and stakeholders.
Your membership will entitle you to:
- receive the biannual ‘Queensland Science Teacher’ Journal (excludes PST & Retirees)
- receive monthly digital newsletters (except during school holidays)
- discounts to STAQ Professional Development activities and social events, as well as regular membership giveaways
- eligibility to receive professional recognition through state and national science teaching awards.
- regular updates of the various activities available to support teachers of science
- opportunities to meet with others who are also passionate about promoting science in their schools, communities and State.
- receive the quarterly National ASTA Journal, ‘Teaching Science’ (this is a separate subscription*)
*There is a separate fee for the Australian Science Teachers’ Association (ASTA) capitation & quarterly journal.